It's almost that time of year! Here are Dr. Lydia's favorite non-toxic gift ideas - for yourself or friends & family this holiday season. Whether you have a health-conscious loved one or you want to convert to a healthier lifestyle, here are the gift ideas that you will LOVE and actually use daily!
1. Organic Wool Dryer Balls - natural wool with no artificial fragrances or harsh chemicals. They are the BEST to remove static and wrinkles in the dryer - plus you can add essential oils to give laundry a fresh scent.
2. Glass Tupperware - who doesn't need more matching sets of Tupperware?? We love that the glass containers protect our food from plastic when reheated. This is a good excuse to get rid of the old, stained plasticware you've been reusing for years!
3. Kombucha Making Starter Kit - Kombucha is a fizzy fermented tea jam-packed with probiotics and antioxidants that not only taste good, but help maintain a happy, healthy tummy. This Starter Kit is from a local Kombucha brewer - Baba's Brew - and it includes everything you need to brew your own at home!
4. Branch Basics Starter Kit - Give the gift of non-toxic cleaning or replace all of your toxic cleaning supplies with one kit! The concentrate is human-safe, plant/mineral based, biodegradable, and NO parabens, phthalates, SLS, fragrance, or tested on animals. The BEST PART? The concentrate can be used to make all-surface cleaner, window/glass cleaner, laundry detergent, toilet bowl wash, bathroom cleaner, hand wash, hair wash, veggie wash, stain remover AND SO MUCH MORE!!
5. Wine Club Subscription for the wine lovers - Check out Lady of the Sunshine, a second-generation biodynamic farmer and winemaker in California which features organic wine from a women-owned and operated business.
6. Cast iron Cookware from The Lodge (USA made) - It can serve as safe non-stick cookware if you treat it right. It has no lead or other heavy metals that are harmful to our health & it can supply your body’s need for iron.