Updated: Mar 6
These are Dr. Lydia Top Five Books for Nutrition Food and Diet:
1. Food – What the Heck Should I Eat? By Mark Hyman, MD– He takes a close look at every food group and explains what we’ve gotten wrong, revealing which foods nurture our health and which pose a threat. From grains to legumes, meat to dairy, fats to artificial sweeteners, and beyond, Dr. Hyman debunks misconceptions and breaks down the science.
2. The Food Revolution by John Robbins –Our personal diet can save ourselves and the world. Robbins argues for adopting a vegetarian diet for personal well-being as well as for the well-being of the planet.
3. Your Life in Your Hands by Jane Plant – Plant, a British geochemist, claims that eliminating dairy products from her diet saved her from dying of breast cancer and argues that readers can prevent such a diagnosis or recurrence by doing the same.
4. Grain Brain by David Perlmutter, MD –The devastating truth about the effects of wheat, sugar, and carbs on the brain, with a 4-week plan to achieve optimum health. Neurologist David Perlmutter, MD explains how carbs are destroying your brain. And not just unhealthy carbs, but even healthy ones like whole grains can cause dementia, ADHD, anxiety, chronic headaches, depression, and much more.
5. Well-Adjusted Babies by Jennifer Barham-Floreani, DC– The new bible for pregnancy, childbirth and beyond for families. Adjusted Babies offers modern parents all the support and information they need to raise healthy, capable and very well-adjusted children. This is an insight on nutrition and healthcare for pre- and post-natal care of mothers and newborns.